SenseDev’15 offers the opportunity to learn from leading researchers in WSN’s, IoT, and M2M domains. The school will combine lectures on fundamental and applied aspects of WSNs with hands-on tutorials, simulation and experimentation, providing the participants with a solid understanding and experience to anchor their research in this field. The SenseDev’15 summer school is aimed at post-graduate students, PhD students, and young researchers from universities as well as industry.
The course provides the unique opportunity of learning from experts in the field from two established applied research groups based in the UK and Australia. During the course participants will:
- Understand the latest results, trends, activities and applications in the 5G, IoT, WSN, and M2M domain.
- Understand the development of sensing systems from concept through to deployment.
- Understand the importance of deployments and field-work, along with associated challenges.
- Understand why simulation is important, and be able to implement simulations of WSNs in OMNET++.
- Gain the techniques required to implement and deploy WSN systems, using TinyOS and TelosB nodes.
- Produce and showcase a demonstrator using the skills taught throughout the course.
- Network with established researchers and make new contracts with your peer group.
- Have fun and enjoy the island of Cebu whilst acquiring new skills in your research domain.
More details about the event can be found at: